March 24, 2009

A first trimester recap

13w1d

I was feeling really good when I went in for my first doctor appointment at 7 weeks. I still wanted to run, jump, and play. But seems like as soon as I got the all clear to do so, it all started to go downhill.

Weeks 7, 8, and 9 were not fun. I was smell-sensitive, wanted NOTHING to do with sweets (although this started much earlier), and was generally nauseous all the time. But I can't complain too much, because I was never sick (thank goodness!). I did come close, though, that night when Chris decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies...I'm glad our bedroom is far enough away from the kitchen that I didn't have to smell them! :oP

Weeks 10 through 13 have been great. I still don't have as much energy as I would like, but I'm hopeful that will change soon. My appetite is back to normal, and I'm not nearly as nauseous as I was just a few short weeks ago. I'm looking forward to what the second trimester brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment